Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Trip Beyond

shout the table long
a mile or so along
to the hatter at the end
his words are a song
heard above the throng

th'table has a bend
the hatter begins to send
the rabbit waiter around
the rabbit in trend
the rabbit to fend

th'hunger-making sound
with the five legged turkey
and the beetle bread that's ground
th'texture of jerky
the table cloth was found

off the newly dead
some guy the hatter calls Fred
who was an emu racer
and I start to dread
that he's baked in th'bread

but I'm pulled t'face Her
the color of eraser
from the flow of old red wine
she starts to trace her
want tha'I embrace her

with these arms of mine
but we're caught her 'round th'table
as the hatter starts to whine
about some fable
of blonde girl one time

"she was on a trip
they say the tea she would sip
in fact it was the merlot
turkey on th'tongue tip"
he said with a hat flip

then he let it go
in a flourish and a show
floating off into th'abyss
murmuring "you know,
the wine starts to flow

and you'll maybe miss
th'rushing green place known as home
where you'd hold the girl and kiss
beneath the blue dome"
cheshire kitty hiss

at th'giggle and blush
of the flirtatious red lush
with that wide-eyed long blue stare
young girl with a crush
hatter says to hush

lays the event bare
has a story he wants t'share
from a mile across th'table
in his high backed chair
for this is his lair

"here we don't label
things as you normally would
the Cain becomes the Abel
we throw of the hood
much as we're able

in that train of speech
you sir, I will begin t'teach
just how our fine system works
think beyond your reach
like spitting-blood leach

justice done by clerks
American-Mongol Turks
common everlasting love
and similar perks
like no angry smirks

that and the above
the future becomes the past
the push will not lead to shove
your marriage will last
with that girl you love

time has ceased t'matter
for I am the Mad Hatter
I command that you, sir, live
despite mind tatter
first is the latter

and Alice, that's her,"
pointing to th'girl at my right
"hold her close, never let go"
I look her in th'eyes
if ever, I know

for the second time
or the tenth this is my fair charge
the beauty wants one trite thing
wherever in time
we are, she wants me.



No comments:

Post a Comment