Sunday, December 12, 2010

In the Profound Moments

Orange explodes with slow luminosity
over the edge of the world once flat.
It is in these profound moments
of most aesthetic brilliance
that the world comes fully into focus.
The movements seem defined
in fluid, absolute grace,
but what one knows is far less
than the glowing gold's embrace.
The fire light reflects
a not so hidden passion,
which rests in flesh beneath
the passion for the skin,
the touch of reproductive beast.
In the fading light of myriad love
all to be hoped for is companion arms,
the little rest of every single moment,
a little acceptance of each other's scars
A brilliant motive,
more or less like the sun,
is the cup of life for those beyond redemption
but those gifted it all the same.
All to ask if for one chance
to make the learning all the worth it,
into something more precious than gold.
But seldom does that chance come more than once.
That is what I am told,
so do not ruin the silence
with some statement or a sound.
Let it wander chaste, unbroken
'til your own bright light is found.
Patience please in the cold of winter,
as the fire light ebbs and flickers.
To utter a name is a moment of frenzy
in the heartbeat skip of two and the same.
I wish for it more;
I pray for it or
else I'm the one to blame.
Forget the rhymes and neat ordered phrase;
forget the pride and unwarranted praise,
it belongs not to me for I, my soul, was made
by the blacksmith pounding
and heat on the brain.
The furnace glows red in the case of my heart
like the edges of a sunset.
Wrap me in a blanket,
lay with me,
don't depart.

No comments:

Post a Comment