Thursday, November 4, 2010

Drowning in Unreality

Grace is the air we breathe
in the blackness of the Ocean
it barely reaches down here
in the current and the flow

reading signs on the floor
at the bottom of the Ocean
with its artificial light
caught in the undertow

the weight of Gravity
my home has been in the Ocean
waiting to pull them all down
not rescued by th'rope throw

you cannot breathe down here
in the blackness of the Ocean
smothering you with my weight
refusal to let go

I know your survival
has nothing to do with th'Ocean
this place is not meant for you
that is plain and I know

this is no place for us
at the bottom of the Ocean
the need for the air is stark
am I meant to let go?

I cannot rise along with you
I'm not set to leave the Ocean
like I said it's been my home
think of me, make it so

I will let you drift up
from the bottom of the Ocean
to where your life must be lived
God willing, I'll be there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment