Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Freedom

I've been waiting on this bench for years
through the seasons and the sun
In failing light
just hanging by a spool
Ripping the fabric of the world
with red throes of prolonged death
I am dying
in the arms of nothing
The strings on branches of trees above
the puppeteer casts me 'bout
I am dying
here by Time's will alone
And drip, drip goes the last of my thoughts
dew drops from branches so high
In failing light
reflection caught inside
Twilight, hello friend of the between
been waiting for my day t'come
In failing light
with puppet strings chafing
For your little giggle and bouncing
step, pretty eyes, matching dress
I am dying
before your hapless stare
Please, those hapless eyes are mine alone
they shone in the dying light
I am dying
my little light's passing
As you cut off my constricting strings
drop me from this little tree
In failing light
hold me in th'sun alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment