Monday, August 9, 2010

Second Glance

There is only this moment
Which soon becomes the past
And only a passing idea
To make way on steady conveyor belt
For a concept just as unobtainable
A future
With you
And this lonely mountaintop
With head above the clouds
This is the closest you can get to heaven
Through layer upon layer of air
We rise through our past
With the tectonic growth of a mountain
Owned by two
And even here
We are split, worlds apart
With longing sight
The winds blow for us
And now is the future
Which becomes the past
Then a now and along
This line of constant weathering
And change
Transformation and travel
We can reach this mountaintop through time
And climb
To the peak to be alone
Where the sun smiles
Where I smile
And you,
You beam
Radiating like the sun
This moment slips like sand
Carried by a sigh
And all I can do
Is watch
As the rays bounce in glittering patterns
Off the surface of the sand
From this ever growing
And lessening mountain
But as much as I want them back,
Little reflections of you and me,
They glide
Through layers of air and space
To a lonely road
In some moment
That exists now as a concept
And a speck lands in my upturned palm
On this empty road
I know it's mine
And somewhere
In the distance
You're walking toward me.

No comments:

Post a Comment